winter holiday is gonna end. one more week. ah. bosannya. back to the life that i have to mingle with the mat2 saleh, yg makan tak reti nak bersihkan. party bagai. erhhh... feeling like cant wait to live in a house 2nd year nanti. sudah. thats it. u made the decision.
i was with my friend at our heavenly prayer hall in University of Warwick. a young man, not so young. berjanggut bagai. panjang pulak lagi. he came to us and gave salam. he started to ask us. name, course, and some other stuff. ok la. takkan nak berdiam pulak. we replied. tanya balik apa2. he graduated from Bangladesh. thats all that i can remember about him. tu pun tak sure sgt. hehe.
he was actually waiting for his friend, but still got time for some short sharing.
you are sitting for a test. here are some formats about the test.
1. its a MCQ test, consisting of 50 questions.
2. u can answer as many as u want, but within the time alloted (say, 1 hour).
3. but the full mark is 30/30.
4. one question carries one mark.
5. mark will not be deducted if u answer wrongly
what will u do?
"wow, how generous. even if i dont know some questions, i will still be able to score as high as i want"
1. u definitely are not gonna spend 2 minutes on one question only.
2. u certainly are not gonna answer only 30 questions.
1. for some questions, u may take only 10 seconds or less to answer. so u will have time for harder questions.
2. u must have some questions that u are not sure about it. then u choose to answer more than 30 questions, so u will still get the chance to score full mark.
oh. how precious every question is!
now lets think of something.
"alaa... mula la nak cakap pasal agama la nii...."
Allah has made it compulsory for us to pray 5 times a day. the sunah one? alahh. i will do it when im free. its sunah anyway.
together with the five compulsory prayers, there are also some sunah prayers, called rawatib prayers (solat sunat rawatib) which escort the compulsory ones. qabliah (before the prayers) and ba'diah (after the prayers).
2 rakaah before the Subuh,
2 rakaah before and after Zuhr,
2 rakaah before Asr,
2 rakaah before and after Maghrib, and
2 rakaah before and after Isya'.
do we do all of them?
why dont we?
are we good enough that we can be SO sure that if we answer only 30 out of 50 questions, we will get all 30 of them correct?
mustn't we answer more than 30 questions?
are we good enough that we can be SO sure that all the compulsory ones, that we perform everyday, are accepted by Allah?
mustn't we perform the rawatibs as well?
come to think of that, how precious every solah is, even if its sunah!